Wednesday, March 12, 2008

First our fence, and now me. . .

I've been tagged and I guess you don't need a sandblaster for it in the world of blog. The second cutest Wendy in the world has tagged me and so I shall oblige:

Where I was 10 years ago:
Ten years ago, I was in high school. It was my sophomore year, in the afternoon, so I guess I was in Algebra II class. I'm sure Mike Hoke was sitting behind me, making some derogatory-yet-insanely-funny comments about poor Ms. Burleson under his breath. Ms. Burleson REALLY did not like our class, but I am convinced she had a crush on Mike Hoke. She was an interesting character, now that I think back on her. Once I saw her at our local gym and you can be sure I steered clear of the locker room that day. Running into your math teacher in the buck just wouldn't sit well at dinner. . . or ever.

Five things on my to-do list:
1. Actually call a dentist. I don't want to talk about it.
2. Take my computer to get fixed. Sarah knocked it over and now the battery won't hold charge.
3. The dishes
4. Look up volunteer positions in local charities
5. Plan a trip to Cape Town

Three bad habits:
1. Not going to the dentist
2. Staying up too late
3. Letting the girls gorge themselves with cartoons when I'm tired.

Places I've lived:
1. NoVa
2. Provo
3. Dallas
4. Fort Worth
5. Philadelphia
6. Johannesburg

Things most people don't know about me:
1. It is physically impossible for me to fall asleep without brushing my teeth. I've tried and I just can't do it.
2. I've dreamed of being a spy for the CIA--even before 24 and Alias. Don't laugh, or I might just kill you one day.
3. I can't stand messes on the ground. If you just pick it up, and put the mess on a chair or table, I'm ok. Just don't leave it on the ground!

What would I do with billions of dollars?
First, I would have a hard time doing anything, since I am naturally inclined to being a hoarder. But I think I would get over that quickly enough and go straight to making our disaster of a house suitable for the cover of a magazine. We're talking new windows, insulation, new paint, porch swings (which require a reinforced roof), a spanish tile roof, garage, landscape, decorative trim, a fixed gas line, new sewer line, closets for the girls room and playroom, decorative floor vents, reworked HVAC, and absolutely stunning furniture and rugs. And we might get some guard dogs to go with it. (BTW, ADT provides armed response here...when will they offer that in Dallas???) After we knock that out, we'll pay off some debt, buy a second car, keep some seed money to start our own business or two and then pay for world peace. You may claim that in order to be considered a good person, I should have written world peace first, right? Hahah, you haven't "experienced" my house. In order to be a sane person, the house comes first, then all other altruistic endeavors follow. However, judging from the money-sucking trend our house has shown, the house may take billions of dollars to complete. Sorry, world peace.

And that's all she wrote.

2 comments:

ww said...

First, I'm only mildly offended that I'm the second cutest Wendy on the planet. (Or did your Wendy tag you?)

Second, we will one day be conducting secret missions together in Canada. I share your dream. Which is probably why I lived vicariously thru my imagined past of Nasher.

Third, try to see some Great Whites jumping out of the water to attack foam seals when you're in Cape Town.

And last, we miss you. As much as your teacher missed Mike his junior year.

jenafeldman said...

I LOVE the billion dollar list...it matches mine so completely. I would love to get our dive of a house into some sort of "normal" state of beauty and functionality! It is good to see what you are up to...your girls are so big already. Time flies