Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm sold

The picture from the previous post is from a contender for the best vacation we've had in Africa yet. We went to a place called Drakensburg which is a hiker's paradise. There are plenty of mountains, streams and lakes to keep any outdoorsy person with unused performance-wear busy for days. Emron and I went on a hike and a few horseback rides.
Photobucket

Photobucket

But the awesomeness of the whole experience came in the resort where we stayed. "The Cavern" is a family resort, catering to young kids especially well. They have a separate kids dining room where you feed your kids food they like on plates they can't break and then leave them with a bunch of nannies to play on swings, jungle gyms, with toys, and watch movies. You eat a four course meal in the "adult" dining room. . . in total peace. That alone was awesome. To top it off, you could order a babysitter at anytime for super cheap so you can do adult things (like hiking and horseback riding). The babysitters take the kids to all the kid activities (like crafts and scavenger hunts and can even do pony rides with them). Did I say awesome???
Photobucket
Photobucket

Awesome. I'm sold.

3 comments:

ww said...

Are you coming back to the States? I don't know if I would.

JT and Kristin said...

That sounds more than awesome! Yet again, way jealous.

Hannah said...

Why isn't there something like this here??? I want to go!