
(Don't take it personal). Not only was it a superb song by Monica, pictured, (you know you rocked out to it in the 90's, male or female,) but also the theme song to my day yesterday. First, I woke up to find that my culinary shout-out to New Orleans from the day before had sat out all night in the tupperware that was meant for the fridge. The kitchen reeked of red beans and rice. The absent-mindedness quickly escalated when I put my SA cell phone through the wash with the rest of the dark colors. I left my sweater at the hair salon, left my car keys at the gym's front desk, and left Sarah's sweater at McDonald's.
Can dementia set in at 27??? I feel like my brain is as fried as my cell phone. And did that really have to happen just 5 days before I don't need it anymore? Long enough to really miss having a phone, but too short to justify buying a new one. . . blah.
Good thing Sarah has claimed Emron's Going-Away-Gift from his mining coworkers as a sippy cup, or it may have been put to its proper use:
Her shirt says, "Party Girl." Appropriate, no?
9 comments:
girls gone wild, preschool edition.
what a day! hope your move goes well, and we'll see you soon in meh-hee-co. we've got a place in polanco. will we be neighbors?
ha ha, love the pics!
I have dementia days too...I think it's part of being a mom. I hope you survive without the phone for 5 days. Maybe it will be nice to be unreachable?!?
I have no brain left after christina and Aurora. I can't think of words... I can no longer carry on a intelligent conversation without forgetting what we were talking about in the first place... I am hoping it gets better lol
Oh, man. Those pictures made me laugh so hard, Mike came running from the next room to see and we both about died laughing. Hilarious. Then, of course, your writing is cracking me up, too! Sorry about your miserable day, but boy it made a good blog post!
Our laptop goes haywire for a few days, and I miss all the good stuff. Like a 3-year-old alchy. And Annie being Annie by leaving her cell phone and car keys in every place but the place she wants them. If I had a dime for every time you've lost one of the aforementioned items since I've known you...I guess I'd be 30 cents richer.
I'm inexplicably excited that you're coming back this week - because I'm not even in Dallas. But it's exciting that you'll be back in my same country. And, I'm holding out for a surprise CA visit!
Love it - Sarah knows how to par-tay!
What a day! So sorry . . .
Pics are hilarious! Can't wait to rendezvous with you in Dallas if you have some time between your international adventures.
Annie, I just read through your blog. What an adventure! I especially loved your dreamy pictures and post from your time in Lesotho. Capetown looked beautiful too! Have you ever seen the movie, CapeHope (I think that's the name.) Anyway, I'll have to show Carlos your bishop's business card to give him some ideas. I think that it was perfect that you started out with the lions and ended with "one of them days." Maybe, it was a gift so that it would be easier for you to say goodbye to South Africa. I was sad to leave San Francisco, but as we were packing up our car, it was freezing cold outside and almost June, so anticipating a little Texas heat didn't sound so bad. I hope you keep up your blog in Mexico City. I read an article recently about the food markets there, everything in that city looks so colorful, including the food. I'm glad for your girls that you're recording these memories.
Annie, I too have enjoyed your pictures from your adventures. Good luck with your move to Mexico City. Your girls are so sweet! I started a blog as well, come check it out.
Post a Comment