So you can imagine my surprise when I got to school today and saw this:
Today was Sarah's birthday (more pics to follow with another post) so I brought a pinata and cake to her school after snack time. Patrick/Patricio--he apparently uses the latin version with the ladies--was with Sarah when I got there and was the first "friend" to be introduced. Sarah has only mentioned him ONCE in all the hundreds of after-school conversations we have had. And she mentioned his name in a list of boys who are always getting in trouble. . . hmmm, a troublemaker, eh?
Her teacher told me that they are always together. Her theory is that their friendship is based on the fact that he is the only other person in her class who speaks english as a first language. After seeing the sparkle in Sarah's eye, I wonder if it is more about this:
I'll have to put an end to this somehow (do you see how far those pants are hangin?). Maybe I'll have to get Keppa involved. And maybe even her mom!?! It could get ugly, but anything worth doing is usually difficult, right? Project Stoppo-Patricio is of utmost priority because I am saving Sarah for this:
Do these bring tears to anyone else's eyes? Ryan, you are the embodiment of everything good. Mama A's gonna take care of everything. Welcome to the family, little man. . . 30 years from now.
4 comments:
good grief, patricio's saggin' pants are slightly reminiscent of an abercombie ad. godspeed, annie. godspeed.
Oh Patricio, and your inappropriately-displayed-male-olympic-swimmer-muscle tone. I was pulling for you until I realized the real threat.
Sarah, if you're looking for a rebel, look no further. Who else would refuse to even acknowledge a toilet until he was almost four? Or never allow his parents an uninterrupted nights' sleep? Ryan's all you need. You'll see...or at least be forced to see.
(And for the record, my eyes well up EVERY TIME I look at those museum pics. Move to CA!!)
And, thank you for the shoutout to the left.
It's inevitable that my full name be known the world over. And it's appropriate for that phenomenon to start here.
Oh, boy, oh boy! So it begins. . . I'm betting on Sarah, though, if it comes to love and loss I'm pretty sure she's going to be the heart-breaker. Seems like she calls the shots, n'est-ce pas?
But maybe you should hang those pictures on the fridge at 4-year-old-eye-level, just in case!
Post a Comment