Wednesday, February 18, 2009

For those of you born before 1960. . .

Here's a tutorial to help you not feel so weird about reading the post below. Dad, this is mostly for you.

The captions are almost verbatim (I tried to use the cleanest lines, but well, you know) from Justin Timberlake's (he's a pop singer, who was previously on The Mickey Mouse Club, used to date Britney Spears and then Cameron Diaz, and is entirely too full of himself, in my opinion) song, "Sexyback" (hence the title of the post, which was a song that played 24/7 on Top 40 stations every where in 2006 & 2007) I could go on, but I'll let Wikipedia explain:

SexyBack

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"SexyBack" is a song co-written and performed by the American singer Justin Timberlake for his second solo album (2006). It features Timbaland on backing vocals, and earned Timberlake and Timbaland the 2007 Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording. It was produced by Timbaland, Timberlake and Nate "Danja" Hills and released as the album's lead single on July 7, 2006. "SexyBack" is Timberlake's most successful single in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States, reaching the number one spot in all of these countries.

"SexyBack" was the longest-running number one single of 2006 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, staying seven weeks at the top, and the second-longest chart-topping single released that year, behind only BeyoncĂ©'s "Irreplaceable", which spent ten weeks at number one—three weeks in 2006 and seven weeks in 2007.




In the off chance of offending JTimb, I'll clean up the song a little. But I can't deny that it pops into my head with these pictures. Dad, I'll try and stick to Neil Diamond songs from now on. Deal?





4 comments:

Kelsey Carreon said...

Annie I am emailing you my version of Sexyback we made it up for Aurora...BTW I think you are wonderful!! I find such joy in this song that I found myself humming it most days recently.

HOA Roundtable said...

Of course it is a deal. My babes all love those Oldies but Goodies.

I love you beyond belief.

Alice Haddow said...

I see the above comment is obviously from Dad. The question is this: From which blog was he posting when he labeled himself "C and Alice Haddow"?

erin said...

um, that's some good blogging up in here. hilarious.