We've been having technical difficulties here at Prattastic. Well, maybe there's been some more general "life" difficulties, too. . . as in moving, construction and more moving. A lot has happened in the last few months. A lot of good, a little bad, and an ugly that I think will cause a nervous break down. So let's get down to business, shall we? We'll start with the "ugly."
Meet Gustavo El Rey (named by S). Friends call him "Goose" for short. I call him "That Dog." Take your pick.
He has no hair. This was for asthma/allergy/near-death experiences on my part. The hairless-ness really works like a charm for that. You just have to watch out for hives and swollen eyes. But other than that. . .
He was a gift for S's 5th birthday. The little guy is definitely the OPPOSITE of housetrained. I'm really at a loss for this one. It's been a week, I've been following all the breeder's instructions, and it's only getting worse. We had four clean-ups today. I trained Sarah in 3 days. Come on. I. can't. take it. anymore. I'm looking for an open adoption situation here.
He definitely has lots of energy. And it seems like he's getting to the teething stage since he likes to chew up anything he can get his little paws on. Note to self: don't let him sit next to me when I'm at the computer again. . . don't let him near the kids toys again. . . don't let him near the legs of our brand new couch again. . . don't let him outside near the fusebox again. . . or maybe I should forget about that last one?
And don't get me started on the incessant barking for attention. My ears are now in a constant state of ringing.

I've never been a dog owner due to said near-death experiences earlier. I think I had too much of an idealistic view of the whole thing. S still sees it this way.
I've never been a dog owner due to said near-death experiences earlier. I think I had too much of an idealistic view of the whole thing. S still sees it this way.
She's against the whole open adoption thing.
I think I can talk W into it, though.
The swing was also a gift.
Much more low maintenance.
And poop-free.
W's cousin also appreciates this.
So this is where I'm at right now. If you have any tips, please comment or email me. I'd rather not rip S's heart out by getting rid of the thing, but I'd also like to be sane. Call me crazy, cause I kinda feel like I'm getting there at this rate.
Stay tuned and we'll work backwards through our time apart. . .
7 comments:
Finally! I am breathing a sigh of relief and satisfaction at seeing my little girls on the blog that so aptly captures their childhood. As for the "ugly," you are correct that there is no better description for S's Goose. I'm sorry for your near-death experiences but also very grateful for them, given that I did not have to go through what you are now facing because I had children who would suffer immediately hospitalization if I even thought about bringing a dog into my home. Hooray for asthma and allergies, since they mean no dogs (or cats or birds or any other annoying animals) will ever take up residence at my house. I vote with you for the open adoption and more swings!
oh my. that IS an ugly dog... i am a dog person, but... but... emron, what were you thinking??
oh annie. i miss you. why are you there and not here? it is not the same without you. also, have you heard about your previous maid? marianne told me one day she was crying because she missed "senor em". CRYING. we think someone may have had a serious crush...
Noelle, you have ESP. I was thinking just today that Senor Em fared extremely well in Mexico partly because of his unbelievably fluid Spanish and partly because he is, well, Senor Em.
Oh, and Annie, sorry about the improper adverb in my post above. Note I was writing it 16 minutes before the start of my work day. I felt I had no time to edit, and it showed.
xoxoxoxooxxoxo
holy smokes, you guys did it. you bought one of those mexican hairless things. are they mexican? maybe i just associate "goose" with mexican heritage because i remember emron talking about this breed while we all lived in (as matt calls it) the motherland.
Seriously? Seriously. It's a rat, Annie!
And I think you have some new blogging material based on the previous comments about Senor Em. I'm glad you got outta there before a telenovela went down.
oh house training is so much harder than potty training. If only dogs could wear diapers . . . or pullups.
Good luck! Savannah loves dogs sooo much - and we have promised her one in 4 1/2 years. Until then, can she play with yours?
Annie, you are a trooper. We did the dog thing, and note that we also did the open adoption thing. At least you don't have the hair issue though. That was my beef with Macy. How is it going now?
Love you!!! How was your Thanksgiving?
Post a Comment