Saturday, November 7, 2009

Yoda-ese is addicting.


Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is. A few days before Halloween, it was. To the age of five, she turned. Little John's birthday, she copied. Star Wars Theme it was, because Darth Vader, her favorite is.


Into a slave I turned. A million cupcakes for school I did make. Until 1am I worked.

I find your lack of cake (and excess of fondant) disturbing.

May the black-frosting-fingernails be with you, always.

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to uneven googley eyes.

Hello there. Come here, my little friend. Don't be afraid. Oh don't worry, he'll be alright. . . not really.

Candy everywhere, there was.

For over a thousand generations, the Jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old Republic...Then they all turned to the dark side and destroyed C3PO.

(W was quite disturbed by the violence and the "skeery" Star Wars music. She had to leave the room. We are in counseling.)

It is done.

The force is strong with this one.

You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s blow this thing and go home!

But these moments when everyone is focused on you, only once a year they come.

Use the force. . .

. . . and blow!

Happy Birthday to you, I wish. Too fast from newborn to girl, you have grown. You with all my heart, I love.

8 comments:

noelle said...

stopping laughing, i cannot. addicting, it is. this yoda-ese.

and star wars theme, a far cry from last year, it is. okay, i'll stop. i'm not as good as you.

so praises be! three posts in one week. you are on FIRE!

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Mother of pearl... you are back on the blog wagon. My life is complete. Welcome back, it's good to have you. Xoxo.

ww said...

You're the best, man. In not only presentation of thought, but also preparation of party and baked good.

This takes me back to one of our first encounters - at the Philadelphia Adult Target. S was in the cart, in her carseat, crying. I had no makeup on. It was magic. And she was so much littler than she is now! 4 years littler. I can't believe it. Happy Birthday, D-I-L! We love the 'do!

Ali Haddow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali Haddow said...

Noelle and I both laughed. And then I cried. Five years has gone much too quickly. Our Prattastic family with all our hearts, we love.

Jenn S. said...

to miss this party was such a shame - great sadness we have.

Happy Birthday Sweet Sarah!

Jess Haddow said...

I thought I'd let you know that they destroyed R2-D2 and not C-3PO. Furthermore, I love Sarah and Wendy. Maybe one night they can stay up late so I can actually talk to them on Skype? Okay, bye.

noelle said...

i'm going to imagine you made a new year's resolution to blog more. yes? love you and miss you.