We saw bushbabies at night jumping above our dining table--and they are REALLY cute. Since all it did was rain, it was too muddy to go on a game drive to see the giraffes and wharthogs. We hope to go again when it is sunnier.
However, on our last day, we did drive out to the fourth largest game preserve in South Africa. (I think after third largest, guidebooks should just say "one of the largest." Anything beyond third might as well be seventh, eleventh, etc. Am I right?")
That was just juice in Sarah's sippy cup, we swear.
We saw zebras running in the hills, rhinos far off in the distance, giraffes eating tree leaves, and tons of bok types--we think they were variations of kudus.
But the most awesome sighting was a magnificent dark brown male elephant with beautiful ivory tusks. He was just hanging out and we almost thought/yearned that he would walk over and talk to us. He took a rain check, literally, because right then it started pouring and we booked it out of there, hoping to get to a paved road before the dirt ones turned to slush. We got a flat tire and Emron changed it in the rain. I think it was worth it in retrospect. In the moment, however, I don't think Emron would have agreed.
Unfortunately, only the bok pictures turned out, so the elephant will remain a hazy mist in our memories...since the picture turned out really hazy.
5 comments:
Is it just me or are your girls getting more and more GORGEOUS by the day?!! Sarah is SO betrothed to Ryan. Unless he's into younger women, who share his mom's name, and then it's Wendy. We'll take either one. Wish we could see some live animals with you! (I died at the bachelor post, by the way). (And at Emron changing the tire).
Annie I love all the pictures. It makes me want to go back and visit so much. Look out for those bush babies. They snuck into our neighbors tent/cabin (they didn't put a rock over their zipper and needless to say I have America's Funniest Home Video footage of a bush baby biting and tossing shinny CD's from a tree. (they love shinny objects)
how does emron like the mines? it's totally righteous that you guys just get in the car, drive for a while and you're rubbing elbows with some serious game animals. hopefully your girls will remember some of these awesome trips... the big d just isn't as exciting.
What are bushbabies? It must be so exciting to get to experience all of these things first hand. Props to Emron for changing a tire in the rain!! What would we do without out husbands?
Hey, I am so glad that you have a blog. Your girls are getting so big. How exciting for you guys to see everything that you have been able to see. I am excited to keep in touch and see what your adorable family is up to through the blog world.
Liz Kewish
Post a Comment