Would you believe that she is even cuter in person?
So it has been a while since I posted. Last week we went back to Angasii, where Emron sleeps during the work week. The difference between our first wet and rainy experience and this sun-filled two days was amazing. I actually really enjoyed our time there. Sarah could have cared less about the nice weather because she only had eyes for "Copper" and "Chief" (who have their own names, I'm sure), the two dogs who live there.
We went there to be Emron's chauffeur because he got his eyes lasered. It's cheaper here, he had been thinking about doing it for a while, and then the straw broke the camel's back: his glasses broke. He sees great now and Wendy can play/break his glasses all she wants.
Go ahead, Wendy. Mommy loves it when you dip your only pair of shoes in the pool.
Last weekend, we went to the kingdom of Lesotho, which is an independent country within geographical South Africa. There, we stayed at an old trading-post-turned-holdiay-lodge nestled in the mountains and rode horses. Sarah also made some friends who had recently moved there to run the lodge. The girl her age, Katie, curiously said to her grandma, "my new friend has white all over her." Sarah has asked to go back every day since we returned and Emron and I have been obliged to be her horses several times.
Here are some pictures:
A peacock family roamed around our cabin every day.
Wendy was free to explore and roam. She was in heaven. So was I.
Sarah's second day out, and she was hooked.
Sarah and her friends, Katie and Matthew, brave the windy mountainside.
African cows are cooler.
Mount Timpanogos's sister
Overlooking the valley.
These pictures are solely intended to make you want to come visit. Please do!
8 comments:
I love how Sarah's new friend said Sarah had "white all over her." I love the innocence of children...it's so refreshing.
I love the pictures they are great Annie. Kids comments can be so funny. Christina announced to Edric the other day Daddy you are black... I am white, Mommy is White and duncan is White but you are black..... (she is in the midst of finally figuring out colors) We were all laughing so hard. Edric corrected her .... I am brown lol
Get Baine to fly us business, and we're there. Label me jealous. And missing you guys.
annie, email me your address and I will send you a bunch of hair bows and clips for the girls
kelseycarreon@sbcglobal.net
Trent served his mission in Hungary. The Toler's, who are in your parents ward now, lived in Kenya for a couple of years and we went and visited them. While we were on the continent though we thought we would visit all over so we spent a month in Africa. 2 weeks in Kenya and almost 2 in SA (only a few days in Johannesburg though) enough to go the temple, gold reef city and the Apartiad Museum. That was very humbling to go to, kinda like the Holocaust museum. Email at jennydoman@mac.com.
BTW I love all the pictures your girls are beautiful!
Oh, wow, these pics (and the stories that go with them) DO make us want to come visit! Beautiful!
Wow! That looks amazing! If our house weren't in the shape it's in we would seriously consider a trip. Keep enjoying yourselves!
beautiful! What amazing memories you are making . . .
Since Emron got lasik, shouldn't you get some diamonds? I've heard those are cheaper in So. Africa too! ;)
Post a Comment