Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Little Culture

Sarah started preschool here a couple weeks ago. (I knew she needed more social interaction when her imaginary friends grew from the familiar Calcula and Blaelah to about a hundred new crazy names.) She has a hint of an accent when she says "no" and has been learning a ton.

This week when I asked her if she needed to go potty, she replied, "Mommy, they don't say 'potty' here. I learned at school. You have to say 'wee.'" Things are so much more dignified here than the crass America we're used to.

2 comments:

ww said...

First grape juice. And now potty. When does the we-have-cooler-names-for-stuff-than-you-do madness end?

JT and Kristin said...

Yea school! John also has imaginary friends with weird names. At least it's not as bad as JT when he was little. His imaginary friend was "the other JT". John sure misses Sarah. We were at the park the other day and met a Sarah, and John said, "no, you're not Sarah. I know Sarah, and she's my friend."