Last weekend we went on a real African game drive. Emron's cousin, Dan (who is currently working for The Clinton Foundation in Lesotho--see previous post for photos of that place), came up to Joburg last week for a conference and stayed with us for the weekend. We went to the Botswana border to a reserve called Madikwe, stayed at a luxurious lodge and saw some incredible animals:
Hyenas

Elephants (I didn't have to write that, did I?), which totally make up for my previous encounter that fell short of photographic glory.

Wildabeest--which Emron dubbs the "punk-rocker" of the wild

Wild Dogs

Lions

Giraffe

The wind-blown look

Hotness

The red African sunrise. . .with a LandRover antenna

An obscenely large cricket whose species entertained Wendy for the duration of the trip

White Rhinoceros

We also saw Water Buffalo, the African Wildcat (which looks no different than a housecat,) Zebra, Impala, Kudu, some rabbits, birds, monkeys, etc. But either I didn't get a good picture of them or I am too impatient for any more pictures to upload.
On our return home, we were shocked back to real life after having lost our house key, which also had my car key attached. The locksmith to get into the house was pretty painless. In fact I was a little disturbed by how easily they got in and changed the lock. I had to wait a full day to get the car sorted out. A tower came to retrieve the rental car because the spare keys are all the way in Cape Town--again, I was shocked by how easily he broke into the car with a coat hanger and disabled the alarm with a small wrench. But waiting so long wasn't so bad, especially since I was upgrade to the Audi A4. Yes, I like life here in South Africa.
2 comments:
I think I'd like life in South Africa, too. The pics of the reserve absolutely kill me...did I mention I LOVE lions? And speaking of killer pics, those girls are too much. I could eat up those dresses (and their occupants) in your previous post. Oh, MGM. What a life.
WOW! This animal pictures are amazing!
Sabba
Post a Comment