Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Obligatory Halloween Post

This post is specifically for my dad, who requested some Halloween pics. The girls got to wear two costumes; one for the Church party and one for the school party. After it was all over, Wendy couldn't accept the fact that the era of sweet sugary abundance was gone and tried desperately to bring it back. We caught her whipping up a costume of her own:


Cookie monster? Smurf? Frost-bitten Antarctica scientist? This is what happens when Sarah leaves her paints out.




Halloween Party at school.


Witches and pumpkins are a popular choice here in Mexico, but I think Ballerinas have more fun. . . and they're just prettier, right?







On a break between costumes. It's hard to believe that we don't see these ears when her hair is down :)


Costumes #2.

Got some good American candy from the church Trunk-o-Treat.


We played a donut game. The only rule was that you couldn't use your hands.


Rules don't apply to Wendy.

Happy Halloween!
(I'm glad we won't do this again for another year. I used to think it was really cute. Then Sarah started having prima-donna opinions about her costumes. Whoa, let's not even go there and let that memory sink into repressed oblivion.)

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Love the ballerinas, and the blue smurf!

Katy said...

you have the cutest babies! i miss them!

ww said...

Do I remember a story about someone's mom commenting how a certain firstborn child had her dad's ears? Those girls are gorgeous, hair up AND down!!

Kelsey Carreon said...

yeah we went through costume drama!! Christina apparently made a list of what she felt everyone should be for halloween and it was not a pretty scene when we didn't go with the list... next year Granny Haddow has volunteered to make the costumes (you can get in on that too I am sure) so we can avoid all the drama next year... we are thinking wonder woman and super girl.... not sure though.

BTW... the girls are gorgeous.... I love the donut pics!

Juliann said...

These costumes are every little girls' dream (ok, maybe I want those costumes secretly too!) and they play the part well. They're beautiful!

Juliann said...

K, and on that first picture of Wendy's improvised costume, are you sure she just didn't get into some of that impossibly vivid green birthday cake again? Those pictures are remarkably similar. . . you might want to check under her bed for a stash.